The exciting and innovative global education conference is on for 5 days this week. Tech Talk Tuesdays will partner with the conference for this week discussing the topic How to get started with Global Projects
When: Tuesday, November 19th, 4-5pm Melbourne, Australian time, gmt+11 See timeanddate for your timezone. The link to join this session will be shared closer to the date.
How to join: Link to the recording of this session
About this session:- This session will be a partnership with the Global Education Conference and will look at topics relating to “Global Projects for Beginners”. The session will encourage input and interactivity from participants on the following :
- how to get started
- where to find partners – networks
- challenges and potential solutions
- where to promote your global projects
- where to find projects
- favourite tools – synchronous and asynchronous for global connection, collaboration, communication
- tips and tricks!
Please join, share in the conversations, bring your experiences and questions. If you can, bring a photo (resized) to show what it is like where you live.
This month is Connected Educator month and this week’s Tech Talk Tuesday is a prime example of two Connected Educators blazing the trail in global collaboration.
When: Tuesday August 21st, 4-5pm, Melbourne Australia time (gmt+10)
About this Session: Flattening Classroom Walls with Educational Blogging
Award winning teachers, Kathleen Morris from Australia and Linda Yollis from the USA have successfully integrated technology and learning through blogging and global collaboration. In early 2009, Linda, came across Kathleen’s class blog. One comment has lead to years of learning and collaboration through blogging and global projects. In this presentation, they will share their story and also offer you
- insights into the benefits of educational blogging and global collaboration
- a summary of how our students have worked together on blogging and global projects
- an overview of how we use a variety of technologies in our collaboration
- ideas on integrating blogging and projects into the curriculum
- tips for getting started on your own journey with global collaboration
Here is the link to the recording. This popular presentation was initially made at ISTE12. Do not miss this great opportunity to hear first hand of the wonderful work of these two highly regarded teachers, who have both won many awards for the work that they are doing.
What questions might you have of them?