When: Tuesday October 21st October, 4-5pm Melbourne Australia time (gmt+11)
Click on this link to listen to the recording of this session
About this session: As part of the celebrations for Connected Educator Month #ce14, #ceoz14, #cenz14, #cenor14, the topic of discussion for this week’s Tech Talk Tuesday is all about “Teach Meets” – a popular way to connect with others and learn what they are doing.
“TeachMeets are informal, collaborative experiences organised by educators, for educators in order to share ideas and experiences and support each other in our professional growth. ANYONE can host a teachmeet: all teachers are potential hosts and participants. Teacher-driven and highly participatory, teachmeets are very popular professional development sessions across Australia.” TM Sydney website
Celia Coffa and Margo Edgar are two of the driving forces behind the Melbourne Teachmeets. They will be sharing on some of the following: What are teachmeets? Why they are so popular? What do they look like? Where are they held? How can others attend? Where we might find out more about them? and much more. Please join us and share in the conversations!
Have you been to a teachmeet? Would you recommend them to others? Why or why not?
When: Tuesday October 7th, 4-5pm Melbourne, Australia time gmt+11 (Please note that we have started daylight saving time) See timeanddate for your day and time.
Where: Blackboard Collaborate Click on this link to listen to the recording of this webinar
About this session: Throughout October we will be celebrating US Connected Educator Month, an initiative started by the the USA Education Department. Digital Learning of the Victorian Education Department is partnering and bringing it to the increased attention of Australian educators at Connected Educator Month with New Zealand and Norway also coming on board. This week’s Tech Talk Tuesday will highlight the notion of being connected as educators, by discussing the following topics:-
- The absolute importance of being a Connected Educator and why?
- What does a connected educator look like?
- Where can we find others to get connected – locally, nationally and globally?
- Tools that help us connect with others
- Resources available
- Examples of outcomes of being highly connected
- What are some things we can do during connected educator month?
- Conferences/webinars on offer to During Connected Educator Month
- What is on offer during Connected Educator Month?
- How can we follow the conversations? US twitter hashtag = #ce14 Australian #ceoz14; NZ = #cenz14 and Norway #cenor14
When: Tuesday, October 15th, 4-5pm, Melbourne Australia time (gmt+11)
Here is the link to the recording of this session.
Connected Educator Month continues this month. In keeping with the theme, Tech Talk Tuesday will a general discussion on the question of “What is a Connected Educator?”
- What is a connected educator?
- What does a typical day look like for the connected educator?
- Why become a connected educator?
- General sharing of any learning this week including Connected Educator Month activities, #RSCon4 the Reform Symposium Conference etc
- Impact for teaching and learning?
- Favourite ways to connect
- Special stories to share
- Questions, tips and general conversations
Please join us.
When: Tuesday, October 8th, 4-5pm, Melbourne Australia time (gmt+11) (note we will be on daylight saving time) See timeanddate for your time zone. Here is the link to the recording of this session.
About this session: October is Connected Educator Month #ce13. To help promote and share on this theme, Tech Talk Tuesdays will next week, feature Sue Wyatt and the Student Blogging Challenge. A challenge that has connected educators and students across the world. Blogging is an essential tool to commence, maintain and further connections. In this session, Sue Wyatt (@tasteach) will share with us the blogging challenge, step us through what it looks like, some amazing outcomes and many connections achieved. Please join us! Bring your experiences, questions and conversations.
Here is the link to join this session.
If you would like to know of other events that might be happening during this month: