When: Tuesday October 21st October, 4-5pm Melbourne Australia time (gmt+11)
Click on this link to listen to the recording of this session
About this session: As part of the celebrations for Connected Educator Month #ce14, #ceoz14, #cenz14, #cenor14, the topic of discussion for this week’s Tech Talk Tuesday is all about “Teach Meets” – a popular way to connect with others and learn what they are doing.
“TeachMeets are informal, collaborative experiences organised by educators, for educators in order to share ideas and experiences and support each other in our professional growth. ANYONE can host a teachmeet: all teachers are potential hosts and participants. Teacher-driven and highly participatory, teachmeets are very popular professional development sessions across Australia.” TM Sydney website
Celia Coffa and Margo Edgar are two of the driving forces behind the Melbourne Teachmeets. They will be sharing on some of the following: What are teachmeets? Why they are so popular? What do they look like? Where are they held? How can others attend? Where we might find out more about them? and much more. Please join us and share in the conversations!
Have you been to a teachmeet? Would you recommend them to others? Why or why not?
When: Tuesday October 7th, 4-5pm Melbourne, Australia time gmt+11 (Please note that we have started daylight saving time) See timeanddate for your day and time.
Where: Blackboard Collaborate Click on this link to listen to the recording of this webinar
About this session: Throughout October we will be celebrating US Connected Educator Month, an initiative started by the the USA Education Department. Digital Learning of the Victorian Education Department is partnering and bringing it to the increased attention of Australian educators at Connected Educator Month with New Zealand and Norway also coming on board. This week’s Tech Talk Tuesday will highlight the notion of being connected as educators, by discussing the following topics:-
- The absolute importance of being a Connected Educator and why?
- What does a connected educator look like?
- Where can we find others to get connected – locally, nationally and globally?
- Tools that help us connect with others
- Resources available
- Examples of outcomes of being highly connected
- What are some things we can do during connected educator month?
- Conferences/webinars on offer to During Connected Educator Month
- What is on offer during Connected Educator Month?
- How can we follow the conversations? US twitter hashtag = #ce14 Australian #ceoz14; NZ = #cenz14 and Norway #cenor14