When: Tuesday September 8th, 4-5pm Melbourne, Victoria time (gmt+10 or utc+10)
Where: Adobe Connect Tech Talk Tuesday room. Click on this link to view the recording
About this session: This session will continue on from a previous session, demonstrating the elements of blogging that teachers and community members should know to make their blogs secure, engaging and a rich resource. Depending on the nature and requirements of the participants, some of the topics to be covered will be:
- the importance of categories and tags
- comments – the importance of comments, quality comments, approving comments
- difference between posts and pages
- adding widgets and engagement to the sidebars eg flagcounters, clustrmaps, weather, translators etc
- themes – considerations for mobile devices
- adding images, videos, podcasts etc
- developing blogs into digital portfolios
Please join us, bring your questions, experiences and any resources.
When: Tuesday, October 8th, 4-5pm, Melbourne Australia time (gmt+11) (note we will be on daylight saving time) See timeanddate for your time zone. Here is the link to the recording of this session.
About this session: October is Connected Educator Month #ce13. To help promote and share on this theme, Tech Talk Tuesdays will next week, feature Sue Wyatt and the Student Blogging Challenge. A challenge that has connected educators and students across the world. Blogging is an essential tool to commence, maintain and further connections. In this session, Sue Wyatt (@tasteach) will share with us the blogging challenge, step us through what it looks like, some amazing outcomes and many connections achieved. Please join us! Bring your experiences, questions and conversations.
Here is the link to join this session.
If you would like to know of other events that might be happening during this month:
When: Tuesday October 23rd, Melbourne, Australia time (gmt+11)
About the session: Blogging is an essential digital literacy in the 21st century. This sess will be an extension of the recent “Guided Tour of Blogging”. This session will be structured to suit the needs of the participants but the following may be covered:
- why is blogging an essential digital literacy?
- the importance of categories and tags in blogging
- how to add those wonderful widgets to the sidebar eg clustrmaps, weather, google translate, countdown etc
- the importance of commenting, appropriate commenting
- establishing an audience
- how to expand a blog’s readership
- how to create digital portfolios through blogging
- tips and hints for successful blogging
- where to find out more
Click on this link to listen to the recording. Please come along with your questions, experience, expertise and join in the conversations.
When: Tuesday, October 9th, 2012 4-5pm, Melbourne, Australia time gmt+11 (Please note that we have now entered daylight saving time).
About this session: Blogging is an essential 21st Century Literacy. This week’s session will step through the world of blogging and take you on a guided tour of the following:-
- Registering for a blog
- Adding a post
- Pages – adding a page
- The importance of and how to use categories and tags
- Adding widgets – some great widgets to add
- Taking blogging to the next level
Please join us, bring your questions and share in the conversations.
Here is a link to the recording of this session.
Do you have any questions or issues you would like resolved? If so, please add as a comment below.