Date: Tuesday, August 18th, 4-5pm, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia (gmt or utc+10)
Where: Free online webinar in Adobe Connect virtual meeting room
Recording Link: Recording link
About the session: Blogging is an essential digital literacy in the 21st century. This session will be structured to suit the needs of the participants but the following may be covered:
- why is blogging an essential digital literacy for both teachers and students?
- posts and pages –
- what can you write about?
- the importance of categories and tags in blogging
- how to add those wonderful widgets to the sidebar eg clustrmaps, weather, google translate, countdown etc
- the importance of commenting, appropriate commenting
- establishing an audience
- how to expand a blog’s readership
- how to create digital portfolios through blogging
- tips and hints for successful blogging
- where to find out more
Anne Mirtschin will step through a blog with demonstrations. Please join us and share in the conversations and bring your experiences and questions.