Digital Toolbox for Teaching and Learning

When: Tuesday, May 12th 4 – 5 pm, Melbourne Australia time (gmt+10)

Where: Blackboard Collaborate (free and online) Click on this link to listen to the recording

About this session:   Britt Gow will be our guest presenter. Digital technologies have provided an enormous range of opportunities for teachers and students to construct learning in different ways. Digital tools allow our students to connect, communicate and collaborate with peers and experts across the globe. You and your students can use free digital tools to create quizzes, word clouds, flashcards and other digital products to share with peers and others.  This session will enable you to explore a range of tools to engage and extend student learning. Britt’s resources are collected at http://digitaltoolbox.wikispaces.com
brittAbout our presenter:  Britt Gow received the “Secondary Teacher of the Year” award in the Victorian Education Excellence Awards in 2013 and the prestigious “Lindsay Thompson Fellowship” award in 2014.  Britt has taught at a small, rural school in SW Victoria for the past thirteen years, but has shared her work globally using blogs, wikis and other social media.

2 thoughts on “Digital Toolbox for Teaching and Learning

1. I loved watching the recording of Britt’s presentation (so sorry I couldn’t join in for the live webinar)! It was great hearing her provide tips and seeing her examples for using the various tools she was highlighting. Her explanation of quizlet.com was excellent. At the 4T virtual conference I attended this week I learned about another great free quiz tool that you might want to explore. It is http://www.quizizz.com/ Quizizz is a fun multiplayer classroom activity, that allows all your students to practice together. It also provides a live dashboard so the teacher can see where students might need more support. Thanks to Britt for such a great presentation!
    Peggy

2. Thanks for your lovely comments Peggy! Thanks also for the tip about Quizizz – another great tool for my students to experiment with. I like the idea that students can learn together while the teacher has the opportunity to see where students need more assistance.