Little Smarties – Blogging with the Early Years

Stefanie’s great blog header

When: Tuesday, August 14th 4-5pm, Melbourne, Australia time (gmt+10)

About this session: Stefanie Galvin will be our guest presenter.  “The Little Smarties” in room 16 is the title of her class blog with grade prep/ones. Stefanie will  share how she started blogging with the Preps last year (as part of The Victorian DEECD’s Contemporary Literacy Practices in the Early Years research project), how she uses it in her classroom, the participation and support from school and the local community, and how it’s shaping their school environment.

Please join us and share in the conversations. Here is the recording of this session.

2 thoughts on “Little Smarties – Blogging with the Early Years

1. I am a Grade Prep teacher who has just started blogging with my class. I am eager to connect with other Early Educators who are blogging with their students. I am looking forward to exploring The Little Smarties Blog and creating some connections!

2. Hi Natalie, I wrote a post for another person who asked a very similar question. Hope that it might be of help to you as well. However, one of the best things for you to do would be to comment back on one of Stef’s posts and some of the other early educators who you will find under the #kinderchat in twitter or on google. Two amazing bloggers, Kathleen Morris from Australia and Linda Yollis from USA, met through a comment on the other’s class blog. Here is the link to further suggestions for connecting:- http://murcha.wordpress.com/2012/09/03/where-do-we-start-with/ There is to be another early years blogger presenting in Oct or Nov for Tech Talk Tuesdays, so hope you might be able to attend that one. All the best and please stay in touch.